Apologies all, I’ve not been very good at keeping up with this and for someone who loves books it’s very naughty of me – slap on the hand for me!!
It was only the other day when I was in a local bookshop I suddenly realised there were some rubbish childrens books around. I mean some have hardly any story to them, they’re a bit of nothing. I mentioned it to a girlfriend of mine and she agreed and commented that she often struggles to sift through the nonsense to find the good ones!
Writing a children’s book is something that I’ve always wanted to do, inspired by those timeless Roald Dahl classics as well as the modern, fun newbies. One of these days I will write my own childrens book, well my idea is a collection of childrens books so watch this space and any publishers out there looking for something new here I am… hee hee!!!
Anyway as it’s been a while I thought I’d give you the Footy Mummy Household Top 10 books. Here are the books we love to read for little and bigger reads, they are our favourites, it’s quite an eclectic list as it covers the ages 2-9 so something for everyone…..
10. Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian (Puffin)
9. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (Puffin)
8. The Pirates Next Door by Jonny Duddle (Templar Publishing)
7. Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman (Simon and Schuster)
6. Billionaire Boy by David Walliams (HarperCollins)
5. Tiddler by Julia Donaldson (Macmillan)
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (Puffin)
3. The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson (Macmillan)
2. Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae (Orchard Books)
1. Mr Men by Roger Hargreaves (Egmont)